Thank you for your interest in Promise - An International School (PAIS).
PAIS is a Cambridge-affiliated international school in the north of Yangon offering a faith-based curriculum.
Admission of students at PAIS is based on the following criteria:
- Suitability of the curriculum for the student’s needs
- Acceptance of/agreement with the School’s ethos and philosophy
- A record of good behaviour at previous school(s) [A reference/recommendation from previous school(s) may be requested]
- Evidence of suitable academic ability [Report cards from previous school(s) may be requested]
- Evidence of a sound and consistent work ethic
- Stated desire on the part of the student to attend the School
- Willingness of parents to work with the School and its staff toward achieving best outcomes for the prospective student
- Ability to meet other entry requirements including competence in the use of English
- Completion of all enrolment formalities
Families seeking enrolment are required to meet with the admissions team in order to discuss student suitability, fees, and policies. Final decisions in regard to enrolment rest with the Principal. In some cases, provisional admission may be offered. Generally, within one week of the interview, the family will be advised of acceptance or otherwise.
Other than in exceptional circumstances, new admissions date from the commencement of a semester.
Once admitted, students are expected to show a willingness to meet expectations in terms of:
- Compliance with school rules and policies
- Personal presentation and the wearing of uniform
- Regularity and punctuality in attendance
- Maintaining a sound work ethic
- A cheerfully cooperative manner
- Upholding the School’s reputation and good standing
- Being good ambassadors for the School – even out of school hours
Parents are required to:
- Be supportive of the teachers and of general school policy
- Bring any complaints and concerns to the notice of the Principal
- Pay school fees and any other dues by due dates
- Minimise absences from school on the part of their children
- Provide a home life and routine which supports children’s schooling
Parents may withdraw their children at any time but are requested to give maximum notice in accordance with the student contract and school policies..